Monday, March 3, 2014

#19 Bringing Nature Home

Bringing Nature Home: How Native Plants Sustain Wildlife in Our GardensBringing Nature Home: How Native Plants Sustain Wildlife in Our Gardens by Douglas W. Tallamy

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Yes. This. This is the most hopeful environmental book I've read. The main thesis: each of us has it in our power to help the global ecology, and it's not that hard. All we have to do is increase the biodiversity in our own yards by eliminating alien plants and replacing them with native ones. Simple. And it can be done a little at a time. There's lots more to the book than that, but that's the main point. I'm giving it 5 stars not because it's great literature, but because it made me so hopeful, and  because I see it as being needed and timely.



View all my reviews

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online