Thursday, January 10, 2013

#52 The Book of Mormon Girl: Stories from an American Faith

The Book of Mormon Girl: Stories from an American FaithThe Book of Mormon Girl: Stories from an American Faith by Joanna Brooks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Joanna Brooks is my new hero.

I don't know that non-Mormons will have much interest in this book.

I'm not sure that conservative Mormons would like the book a lot.

On the other hand, I really, really liked it.

Here's the big take-away message that I got (quoting the book directly):


We inherit all of the ways in which our ancestors and parents and teachers were wrong, as well as the ways they were right: their sparkling differences and their human failings. There is no unmixing the two.


Thanks, Joanna, for sharing your story. You give me hope and courage.

View all my reviews

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online