Monday, March 9, 2009

First Commute

Had my first commute on the fixie today. It was great. Nice sunny spring day. Still have a long way to go toward getting used to the bike. Not only am I new to a fixed gear I am new to the road geometry. My two biggest slip-ups today were not getting my foot in the strap on the first peddle revolution, and then accelerating because I was in traffic, making it impossible to get it in. Eventually I just pulled over to the side and slowed down enough to get my foot in the strap. Also I'm doing pretty good at remembering to always peddle, but when I come upon a road hazard at speed, I tend to forget. I try to coast and raise myself up off the seat to "float" over the hazard. then the peddles remind me that I can't do that. Anyway, I'm looking forward to lots more commutes on this bike.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online