Wednesday, June 18, 2014

#searchthebook

As a young missionary, I read in the Book of Mormon of a prophet, Lehi, who spoke "…according to the feelings of his heart and the Spirit of the Lord which was in him." At that time I was trying to sort out how God speaks to us on Earth. Through this scripture and my own experiences I discovered then--and still believe--that our thoughts and feelings and the divine manifestations within each of us are inseparably intermixed*. This realization has been invaluable in shaping my life. #searchthebook #calledtoshare #mormon #lds

*I really want to say something here about how the incarnational model of scripture together with Mormonism's doctrine of God and Man having no ontological distinction seem to imply essentially the same thing…but maybe that's a little too out there.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online