Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rocking the Boat is Good

Today I learned at church that rocking the boat is a good thing.

There is a famous (among Mormons) phrase: "lengthen your stride" which originates from Spencer W. Kimball, former President of the LDS Church and rumored model for Yoda's facial features (a rumor which I believed up until today...but now the internet is telling me that it's false). Anyway, all Mormons know that "lengthen your stride" means "do more proselytizing." However, I don't think that I've ever heard or read President Kimball's entire 1974 talk "When the World Will Be Converted," so when a stake leader quoted from it today I was surprised to hear the following line from it
...we can move forward and change the image which seems to be that “We are doing pretty well. Let’s not ‘rock the boat.’”
So there you go; boat rocking is a good thing.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online