Sunday, March 2, 2014

#17: Planting Noah's Garden

Planting Noah's Garden: Further Adventures in Backyard EcologyPlanting Noah's Garden: Further Adventures in Backyard Ecology by Sara Bonnett Stein

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Given how much I liked Noah's Garden: Restoring the Ecology of Our Own Backyards I wondered why this sequel to it was out of print. I think that I figured it out. In this book Stein goes more in depth about her subsequent adventures as a naturalist and native habitat restorer and then gives us the real nuts and bolts of how to pull off habitat restoration for ourselves. Bottom line is: there are no easy answers. Every turn is fraught with technicalities, ambiguities, and unsettled questions. Stein's book is excellent on bring up the tough issues, and giving gory how-to details. Just be warned: this book is strictly for the initiated. It will scare the newbie off.



View all my reviews

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online