Tuesday, January 29, 2013

#4 Lon Po Po

Lon Po PoLon Po Po by Ed Young
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this the other night to mine and a friend's kids. It's a good read-aloud bed time story. Billed as "A Red-Riding Hood Story From China," my kids insisted that it wasn't really a Red-Riding Hood story. Well, it is and it isn't. It's definitely it's own story.

I like the dedication:

To all the wolves of the world
for lending their good name
as a tangible symbol
for our darkness.


The story certainly touched some nerve deep in the kids: at the end they piped up with what they would have done to defeat the wolf. Reminds me of how when I was I kid I planned what I would do to incapacitate any strangers sneaking in through my bedroom window at night.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kristen said...

When Emily was younger she had an elaborate plan for strangers. Must be a Jorgensen thing.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online